Fruit picker needed urgently
We are currently looking to hire the services of a fruit picker. Fruit pickers are essential to the agriculture industry – this is because fruits need to be handled delicately. The nature of the work demands fruit pickers to be resilient, fast, and detail-oriented. More importantly, the candidate must have a flair for working outdoors. Some of the responsibilities a fruit picker fulfills include: using their hands to harvest, pick and sort fruits, using knives to cut fruits from the branches, arrange fruits in a box or basket, and etcetera.
- Harvest, pick, and sort fruits with hands.
- Use knives to cut fruits like oranges from their branches.
- Carefully check the fruits for insect manifestations, disease, and the likes.
- Sort and arrange the fruits according to their sizes and ripeness in baskets.
- Separate the good fruit from the spoilt, rotten ones.
- Inform the supervisors of troublesome insects.
- Treat trees/vines with pesticides to minimize loss.
- Pick fruits quickly and efficiently.
- Climb a ladder to remove some fruit carefully.
- Prepare the fruits for distribution.
- Reliable, efficient, and fast.
- The ability to stand or bend for an extended period is crucial.
- Excellent motor skills are essential.
- Detail-oriented and focused.
- Necessary communication skills are required.
- High physical strength.
- The ability to work in uncomfortable weather conditions is relevant.